Monday, April 23, 2012

Parents - Newsletter Week of April 16th

Just a reminder that all activities are based on the number of children present each day, ages of the children present, and mood of the children.


April Newsletter


Week of April 16th


Monthly Thematic Unit – Spring Has Sprung!


Color of the Month – Purple


Song of the Week:


“Bug Song”
(Sung to "If You're Happy and You Know It")
Oh, I wish I were an eensy-weensy spider.
*clap, clap*
Yes, I wish I were an eensy-weensy spider.
*clap, clap*
I'd go "creepy-creepy-crawly" down your hall and up your "wall-y!"
Oh, I wish I were an eensy-weensy spider.
*Clap Clap* (clap hands twice)
Oh, I wish I were a yellow honeybee.
*clap, clap*
Yes, I wish i were a yellow honeybee.
*clap, clap*
I'd go "buzzy-buzzy-buzzy" and my stripes would all be fuzzy!
Oh, I wish I were a yellow honeybee.
*clap, clap*
Oh, I wish you were a wiggly caterpillar.
*clap, clap*
Yes, I wish I were a wiggly caterpillar.
*clap, clap*
I'd go "munchy-munchy-munchy." All the leaves would be my "lunch-y"!
Oh, I wish i were a wiggly caterpillar.
*clap, clap
Oh, I wish I were a small red army ant.
*clap, clap*
Yes, i wish i were a small red army ant.
*clap, clap*
I'd go "trompy-trompy-trompy" over hills and through the "swamp-y"!
Oh, I wish i were a small red army ant.
*clap, clap*
Oh, I wish i were a hungry little skeeter.
*clap, clap*
Yes, I wish i were a hungry little skeeter.
*clap, clap*
I'd go "bitey-bitey-bitey" when you went outside at "night- y"!
Oh, I wish i were a hungry little skeeter.




Book of the Week: The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle


What We Did On Monday: We began our day by playing with our kitchen toys and our toy animals.
 Then we enjoyed Independent Reading Time (IRT) where we focused this week on returning our books to the book shelves when we are finished reading them. After that, I introduced the BOTW and the SOTW. Later we played with our baby dolls, built with our bumpy blocks, played sweetly with our dollhouse, used our fine motor skills with our chain links and played with our Bounce Back Penguin.


Special Enrichment for Monday: We played JumpStart Preschool on our computer and made a bug collage!


What We Did On Tuesday: We started our day off by playing building with our Wee Waffle Block Village and working on puzzles. Then we enjoyed IRT where we focused this week on returning our books to the book shelves when we are finished reading them. Then we sang the SOTW and read the BOTW. Later in the day, we also played with our kitchen toys, baby dolls, explored our Laugh and Learn House, played on our indoor slide and with our toy animals.


Special Enrichment for Tuesday: We watched an Elmo movie called Music Works Wonders!


What We Did On Wednesday: We began our day by playing with our kitchen toys and building with our Lincoln Logs. Then we enjoyed IRT where we focused this week on returning our books to the book shelves when we are finished reading them. Then we read the BOTW and sang the SOTW. After that, we enjoyed playing with our shape sorters, dollhouse, animal toys, Mr. Potato Heads, indoor slide, Laugh and Learn Home, and chain links.

Special Enrichment for Wednesday: It was too rainy this morning to play in the water table! So we listened to classical music and nature sounds instead! :)


What We Did On Thursday: We started our day by playing with our kitchen toys and Mr. Potato Head.
Then we enjoyed IRT where we focused this week on returning our books to the book shelves when we are finished reading them. Then we sang the SOTW and read the BOTW. Later in the day, we also played with our Little People playsets, built with our chain links, and played in our dollhouse.


Special Enrichment for Thursday: We watched a short Baby Mozart movie and listened to ''Greg and Steve" music!


What We Did On Friday: We began our day by playing with our large beads and building with our Legos.
 Then we enjoyed IRT where we focused this week on returning our books to the book shelves when we are finished reading them. Then we read the BOTW and sang the SOTW. After that, we enjoyed playing with our Little People playsets, electronic learning toys to help us learn our shapes, colors, numbers and letters, kitchen toys,chain links and dinosaurs.

Special Enrichment for Friday: We watched the movie A Bug's Life to learn more about how ants live. We also went on a Bug Hunt around the playroom to look for pictures of various bugs!


What We Did on Saturday: We started our day by playing with our baby dolls and building with our wooden blocks. Then we enjoyed IRT where we focused this week on returning our books to the book shelves when we are finished reading them. Then we sang the SOTW and read the BOTW. Later in the day, we also played with our kitchen toys, and built with our alphabet blocks and our bristle blocks.

Special Enrichment on Saturday: We watched the movie Blue's Big Musical!