Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Update on the Maximized Living Advanced Plan Healing Diet

Today is Day 9. The end of last week was rough for me. I had a bit of a sore throat, so I couldn't eat much and survived mainly off of hot tea, smoothies and broth. Which was a good thing, because it shrunk my stomach some. Being a bigger sized woman, I am sure my stomach needed that to help me eat a better portion size. I also felt a huge change in my system as a response to the lack of sugar. I had dizzy spells, nausea, a weird metallic taste in my mouth and other symptoms related to the detox effects of this eating plan.

However, today is a new day. While I still have the odd metallic taste, the majority of the other symptoms have died down. And I feel great! I am energized, I want to get up and move, I have been walking a lot more, I have noticed a HUGE decrease in the amount of inflammation around a neck injury I suffered in a car accident 3+ years ago (which has DRASTICALLY CHANGED MY ONGOING DAILY PAIN LEVEL ASSOCIATED WITH IT!), Michael has noticed that his feet and knees do not bother him as much after standing fore long periods and I have noticed that my pants are fitting a LOT better, too. I haven't weighed myself yet, but I KNOW there has been some weight loss already.

A typical day for us with meals goes something like this:

A smoothie or a granny smith apple with almond butter for breakfast

A salad with some sort of protein in it for lunch

A smoothie or a granny smith apple with almond/peanut butter for snack (opposite of breakfast)

A meal surrounding mostly around a protein with veggies on the side for dinner

I have reached a point where I am having ZERO cravings for sweets. Which is HUGE for me. My friends and family know that I recently gave up ice cream for Lent. 40 days with no ice cream was pure torture for me. Seriously. I ate SO much other sweets trying to compensate for not eating ice cream that I actually gained 3 pounds during Lent. Sad. But all cravings are currently gone! This eating plan truly IS healing my body. I never had this part happen when I previously did this eating plan. I always wondered why. I think maybe it was because I was pregnant with Daniella and therefore had a constant need to intake calories for her. I sometimes have to remind myself to go eat on this plan. I do not have a huge amount of hunger. I really feel my body healing inside and I am so excited!