Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Yesterday was Day 1 of the Maximized Living Advanced Plan Healing Diet

First of all, I want to share some more info on exactly what all this eating plan involves, then I will share with you what we ate yesterday. (By the way, only Michael and I are doing this, not the children.)

Here is a basic synopsis, although there is some conflicting date that I have read between there and elsewhere. But it gives you a general idea as to how this works. Here is some more info. This is where we obtained the majority of the recipes we plan to use.

We did this eating plan back in January of 2010, starting less than 2 weeks after Michael began chiropractic care and I got pregnant with Daniella (after almost 3 years of trying) within about 3 weeks! Overall, during those 6 weeks, I lost about 25 lbs. (yes, during early pregnancy - although I didn't know I was pregnant yet!)


OK, now that you have some of the basics down...

A few things to bear in mind. We don't care for fish, except tuna, and only in moderation. We also do not care for eggs. So between the two of those, that limits us quite a bit. 

Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast:
(1) sliced granny smith apple (this is one of the conflicting things we read, but apparently ONLY this variety of apple and berries are the only fruit approved)
(2) tbsp of almond butter (we used Trader Joe's that has flax seed blended in!)

(Delicious!)

Lunch:
Salad with Grilled Chicken

Afternoon Snack:
(2) handfuls of various berries with 2 tbsp homemade whipped cream (took heavy whipping cream and used a mixer until it whipped up and added 1 tsp of stevia sweetener)

Dinner:
Black Bean Taco Dip with Chopped Veggies

AND I took a 3/4 mile walk yesterday. Just hope I can especially keep up with the exercise!