Saturday, June 22, 2013

Cinnamon Baked Granny Smith Apples



This was my DELICIOUS breakfast this morning! And it was SO easy to make! It took me about 5 minutes to prepare it and then it baked for 15 minutes in the oven. Here is how I made it -


I chopped up on granny smith apple into bite size pieces.


I put them in my baking dish and pre-heated my oven to 350*.



I added two big scoops of butter. 




Then I added a couple of tablespoons of melted coconut oil. (this is for flavor, healthy fats and to keep it from sticking to the baking dish.)




Then I added my spices. I put in two drops of stevia but I think that next time, I will omit it. I thought it would compliment the cinnamon well but it would have been just fine without it! The other spices were all to taste. A good hearty amount of cinnamon though.




Here it is all spiced up! Then I stuck it in the oven for 15 minutes.



Then I scooped it out into a bowl and gobbled it up! YUM!


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is delicious! By far my favorite quick breakfast!

      Delete
  2. This looks so good! Love apples any which way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of baking them, but this is a great idea because it frees you up to do other things instead of standing over the stove when you fry them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This enables me to make breakfast for the kids while mine is baking.

      Delete
  4. This looks so delicious and easy! I have some apples in my fruit draw the I was going to make applesauce with, but will definitely try this recipe instead. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete