Friday, June 21, 2013

Our Family's Quest For True Health





I doubt that you can get any more true, real, whole food than this. Michael (my husband) and I have embarked on this journey before. Now we plan to make it more of a lifestyle. Under the care of our chiropractor, we have begun the Maximized Living Advanced Plan Healing Diet. I truly believe that we are both gluten sensitive or allergic. We are transitioning the kids to gluten free first then to the Maximized Living Core Plan. Typically, Advanced Plan is done for 40 days, followed by the Core Plan. We hope to do Advanced Plan more long term and eventually transition to Core Plan. Advanced Plan includes no sugar, artificial sweeteners, honey, maple syrup or molasses. Stevia or xylitol in moderation only. Only low glycemic fruit in moderation (which is only berries of all kinds and granny smith apples). No grains of any kind, even gluten free. No root vegetables. There's more, but that's the basics. (See the links above for the complete information). We are also drinking lots of distilled water to encourage the flushing of toxins.When we did this beginning two weeks after Michael began chiropractic care, I got pregnant with Daniella two weeks later. Pregnancy is not the main reason for doing this, but it would be a great benefit. I am very curious to see where this will take us.





This eating plan is pretty strict, but not terrible. Here is how today broke down for me:

Breakfast:
Smoothie made from plain, unsweetened coconut milk, frozen blueberries, coconut oil, and ice.

Lunch:
Roast Beef slices, Grassfed cheddar cheese chunks, an apple with raw almond butter and organic strawberries.

Dinner:
Tuna fish blended with mayo, mustard, pickles, and spices wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves.

This was a bit of an on-the-go day. We hit the playground with the kids for lunch right after finishing the smoothie and Michael worked late tonight so I was on my own for dinner (Michael is by far the cook in our house!). We have a ton of recipes to mix things up and keep it interesting but we are definitely keeping our eyes out for more. In fact, I have a Pinterest board dedicated to the Maximized Living Advanced Plan Healing Diet. Check it out and follow it while you are there! :)

I will keep you posted on how things go!

4 comments:

  1. It's always amazing what happens when I get serious about the foods we put in our bodies! Love seeing a family get healthy on purpose together! Best of luck as you make this a family lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was reading the no-no list of foods I was like NO WAY could I do this.
    Now, reading what you ate for the day, it all sounds really good.
    Best of luck to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds so much harder than it truly is :) Especially with a list of recipes on hand! :) Thanks!

      Delete