Sunday, July 21, 2013

Children Learning Reading Program Review



Disclosure: I received the materials to use this program in exchange for my honest opinion about them.


This is an amazing program that I began using with Daniella about a month ago. It is called the Children Learning Reading Program. It is a progressive program and not one to expect results from right away. First of all, there is a lot of reading for the parent to do. AFTER all of the reading is completed, then you begin to slowly introduce your child to homemade flashcards with the words suggested in the reading material. I have honestly not dedicated as much time to the program with Daniella as I would have liked to before posting my review BUT I have given it a lot of effort so far. I am a very laid back parent when it comes to homeschooling my children and I try to stick with their interests. So if she wasn't interested one day, I didn't push it. She is very interested overall in letters and phonics so we already had the foundation down for this program as she can already identify all letters, both uppercase and lowercase, and knows the sounds of every letter. That foundation is part of this program so we were able to skip that portion.




You start with AB and work your way to longer, harder words. It is not alphabetical after you reach the letter C.  Sounding words out in every day speech helps too. Daniella has gotten very good at picking out the sounds of letters in words that we speak. The flashcards interest her and she enjoys doing them but I would not say it is her favorite learning game. She has begun to blend sounds and if we stay consistent with the flashcards, she gets better each day with beginning to read. But one month is too little to be fully reading :) It is sort of hard to explain how the program works without going into too much details about how the programs works! Let's just say, I love the progress that Daniella has made and look forward to continuing the program with her. 



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

3 comments:

  1. Teaching my children to read has always been important. I love seeing them with their nose buried in a book! This looks like a great program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found something you like. I was a fan of Hooked on Phonics for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about some of these programs. It's interesting. Some say that they can teach 18 months to sound out and read as well. Thankfully my daughter is reading now, she learned by the phonic system.

    ReplyDelete