Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Groove Kid Nation Rhythm Bears Kids CD - The Groovy Way to Learn About Musical Instruments! Review

Disclosure: I received a free product in exchange for my opinions about it.



Let me introduce you to Groove Kid Nation's Rhythm Bears! This is a new favorite CD around here!






Here is the description that Groove Kid Nation gives this CD:
Groove Kid Nation continues its award-winning music education series with a third release Rhythm Bears. Producer Rodney Lee once again recruits top L.A. musicians and heads deep into the woods to create a soulful folk hoedown. 

As the title suggests, Rhythm Bears is all about drawing kids into the music with rhythmic call and response games that will have them clapping, stomping, playing percussion, and vocalizing to the beat. 

In addition, a band of groovy bears open childrens’ ears to a whole new set of musical instruments including harmonica, fiddle, acoustic guitar, acoustic bass, clarinet, kalimba, ukulele, and even didgeridoo. Each song features a new instrument, and the enclosed 10-page booklet features colorful illustrations of each Rhythm Bear.





Daniella loves getting into the beat with the songs. She likes to pat her knees is sync with the beat of the music. I even caught Brandon (11) grooving along with it a few times! :)

This CD includes the following:

Chicago Bear on Harmonica playing "The Why Song"

Ice the Polar Bear on Clarinet playing "Teddy Bear's Picnic"

Aussie the Koala Bear on Didgeridoo & Shaker playing "I Can"

Baby Bears on Jugs playing "I Do But I Don't"

Kalimba playing a Kalimba in the song "Kalimba"

Memphis on Banjo playing "The Train Song"

Violet on Violin playing "Say and Play"

Tiny Bear on Ukulele playing the song "Virtue of the Small"

The CD then ends with a song called "This Old Bear" and encourages the children to guess the musical instruments that they hear!

I love that the little booklet that comes with the CD shows what the various instruments look like that I can show the children exactly was a Kalimba is (They did ask!) or what jugs are or so they can see how a banjo is similar yet different from a guitar.





Daniella and Brandon both enjoyed blowing over the top of a bottle along with the Baby Bears playing their jugs! Daniella was fascinated to discover that she could make music that way!


Plus, since Brandon used a juice bottle and Daniella used a water, they made different sounds. Brandon's was much lower so we were able to talk about tone, as well.

"I Can" also encouraged the kids to pull out their shakers - which they did!



Daniella is also in a serious train loving phase and was ecstatic when she heard "The Train Song".

I think that this CD is great for helping children to learn more about instruments. It certainly grabbed my kids' attention!



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.