Saturday, August 31, 2013

I Carried an Angel *Kindle* Book Review (Miscarriage, Stillbirth and Infant Loss)



Disclosure: I received a free copy of this Kindle Book in exchange for my honest opinion about it.

I'll admit it right up front - this review is going to be very hard for me. Miscarriage, stillbirth and infant loss are subjects that are very near and dear to me and sadly, topics that are not talked about enough.

I have been pregnant four times. I only have two living children though. I lost my first baby, who was named Jessica Anne, in December 2000 at six weeks gestation. I lost my fourth baby, who was named Shiloh Morgan, in January 2012, on my birthday, at nine weeks gestation.


We struggle to get pregnant so a loss is super hard for us. We have currently been trying again for almost three years. Each month that I don't get pregnant brings my angel babies to mind. I don't feel as though our family is complete so I often think of the babies that never made it to my arms.

Reading Staci A. Luker's Kindle book I Carried an Angel was one of the hardest books I have ever read. Not a single page was "turned" that I didn't cry. It was a very emotionally raw book for me to read. But at the same time, I felt truly compelled to read it. I felt as though I simply HAD to read this book. And you know what? It couldn't have been better timed.



Earlier this summer, our Church had a Memorial Mass to remember and honor the brief lives of babies lost due to miscarriage, stillbirth and infant loss to the parish members. Each family was presented with a Certificate of Birth for their baby. The babies' names were placed in the Book of Life in the Atlanta diocese. This was the first step towards my heart feeling better. Reading Staci A. Luker's book was the next step.




Something else that helped me feel better was coming to acknowledge that my babies were birthed into God's Kingdom. I know that they are being watched over and rocked by God and all of His angels and saints.

If miscarriage, stillbirth or infant loss has touched your life, I Carried an Angel is the book for you to read. In this book, she pours out her heart and soul as she goes through the grieving process of losing her son, whom she named Barrett.

Being a parent is one of the greatest blessings we are given in this life. But what happens when you have to tell your child good-bye? How do you continue on as a parent on earth when your child is apart from you in heaven? I Carried an Angel is the story of one mother finding her way as the parent of a baby who was born sleeping.

To find out more about Staci's story, check out their website http://www.lukerfamilytales.com. To see all of the good that has come from Barrett's death, find out more about how Staci used her grief to benefit others at http://www.barrettsblankets.weebly.com


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.