Saturday, November 23, 2013

Enjoy Helping Your Child Learn Yoga With Storyland Yoga by Playful Planet Review


Disclosure: I received a free yoga kids DVD in exchange for my honest opinion about it.



First off, I have to say that I LOVE the NON-PLASTIC made of fully recycled products case that this DVD came in. It still protects the DVD from scratches! There's also lots of great tips and benefits to yoga listed within the case, too!


The back of the case tells you about the two about 20 minutes each episodes within the DVD.


I really love how Ahmed, the yoga instructor, leads the yoga poses for kids by leading the children through a story. Each episode is a separate story. 


My daughter (3) personally LOVES the Save the Whales episode.




I love the mention of electric cars in this episode to encourage the children to think about energy conservation and the environment!



Daniella, age three, is copying the stretches that Ahmed leads the children through by having them pretend to apply sunscreen!


Brandon is pretending to drive the electric car!


Driving uphill!


Applying more sunscreen!


Applying more sunscreen!


Sitting on her "boogieboard".


Paddling their "boogieboards".

Even though this DVD is geared for kids ages 3-8, my 11 year old enjoys it just as much. In fact, we recently had 2 friends over on a chilly and icky day and did this DVD with them. The girl is 11 and the boy is 8 and they both thoroughly enjoyed it as well. Prefect icky weather DVD. I look forward to using this with my children throughout the winter as an alternative form of exercise when we don't get outdoors as much. Perfect for homeschool PE class! I am so glad they they have come to enjoy yoga so much.

Not bad for only $14.99 for the DVD or $3.99 per episode download!

Storyland Yoga is a fun-filled adventure that infuses children with an eco-conscious message. Two unique stories, Save the Whale and Condor Trek, engage a child's imagination through storytelling. Kid's learn yoga postures by becoming part of the story and imitating animals. Yoga is great exercise and helps to calm children, giving them greater focus and increased clarity. By connecting with nature and gaining respect for their own health and well being, children become empowered to create solutions for the health and sustainability of our planet. Storyland Yoga is equally fun for parents and family members who can benefit from yoga, while enjoying organic time with their children.


Find Playful Planet on Facebook.

Connect with Playful Planet on Twitter.

Learn more about Playful Planet.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.