Monday, December 30, 2013

Condor Trek Kids by Playful Planet Yoga Book Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.





My kids have recently discovered that they really enjoy yoga. We did a review a few weeks ago for a Storyland Yoga DVD. Since reviewing that DVD, I have made a point of finding more yoga materials for them and decided to take part in a friend's challenge to do yoga every day during the month of January. We found some yoga on YouTube and pinned it to Pinterest to easily find it later, acquired some other yoga DVDs, books, and pose cards and also have a Condor Trek Kids book that is based on the Storyland Yoga DVD that we reviewed!





 
 
The first time that we read this book, I simply had the children read it together. Then I read it to them and had them incorporate the yoga poses.

 
Egg Yoga Pose

 
Egg Yoga Pose

 
Book Pose

 
Book Pose

 
Bicycle Pose

 
Bicycle Pose
 
 
 
The book has incredible hand drawn illustrations. I also really like that the book encourages eco-friendly choices such as biking, kayaking, and a solar powered rocket! 

 

 
 
Not to mention that biking and kayaking are other great forms of exercise!


 
The pictures have beautiful colors and represent multiple nationalities.


 
The parts of the book that are for reading include live pictures of children showing the yoga poses. There is at least one yoga pose per page.

 
My children really like this book and have enjoyed using it as a bedtime book. I like that it helps them focus and calm down right before bed.
 
Learn more about Peaceful Planet:
 
 
Like Peaceful Planet on Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/PlayfulPlanet
 
Connect with Peaceful Planet on Twitter- https://twitter.com/playfulplanet
 
 
 
 
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.