Saturday, January 18, 2014

Homeschooling and/or Unschooling With Pinterest Series, Post Five

 
 
 
How many of you love Pinterest? I know that I do! I am frequently on Pinterest looking for ideas to use with my children for their learning. This is our first full year of homeschooling and we are definitely beginning to lean more heavily towards unschooling our kids. I currently have over 200 boards on Pinterest, easily divided up into categories so that I can find exactly what I am looking for that goes along best with my children's current interest!

 You can find all of  my Pinterest boards at BeckyatGUNIHCC. Please follow me as I am constantly adding new pins and you don't want to miss out.
 
 
 
This post will be the fifth in a series that will highlight the various boards that I have available. The first post focused more on my three year old daughter who is currently doing upper preschool/lower pre-k work. Please see the first post in this series which focused on teaching your child about rhyming and learning to write their name, the second post which featured all things related to Autumn, including worksheets, snacks, activities and more, the third post that is all about Thanksgiving both the historical portions and yummy food ideas, and the fourth post featured Holidays Around the World.
 
 
 
 
 
 
This post will focus on Winter. There will be sections for Winter Activities, Winter Themed Worksheets, and Winter Themed Recipes and snack ideas. Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
 
This section will focus on my Pinterest board entitled January - It's Winter!
 

Here you will find activities and craft projects such as:
 
Threading cotton balls to make fake snow
 
Snowman Counting Game
 
Curly Paper Snowflake project
 
Penguins made out of water bottles
 
Bear Grid game
 
M is for Mittens craft
 
Winter Clothes YouTube video
 
DIY Snowglobes
 
Popsicle Stick Snowflake craft
 
DIY Sock Snowman
 
Paper bag polar bear craft
 
Hot Chocolate Sensory Rice
 
How to make a winter felt board
 
Shaving cream and glue snowman project
 
Practice counting with an igloo sculpture
 
Toilet paper roll snowman craft
 
Twenty picture books about hibernation
 
Winter animals preschool theme
 
Make a winter weather pictographs
 
Snowball hopscotch
 
Ice Skate with wax paper
 
Indoor snowball fight activity
 
Snow Playdough
 
Coconut polar bear craft
 
Arctic Animal craft
 
Felt Polar Bear Craft 
 
 
 
This is just a small sampling as there is over 100 pins on this board!
 
 
 
 
The next board that I want to tell you about is entitled Winter Themed Snacks.

 
Here you will find:
 
Snowman Popcorn Cups
 
Snowman banana snack
 
Marshmallow Snowman Pops
 
Polar Bear Ice Cream Cups
 
Snowman Cookies
 
How to make homemade marshmallows
 
Melted snowman cookies
 
Polar Bear Bagel Snack
 
Penguin Black Olive Snack
 
Snowman cheese sticks
 
Doughnut Snowmen
 
Coconut snowballs
 
Snowman snack mix
 
Popcorn snow
 
Frosty the Bagel
 
Chocolate covered banana penguin snack
 
Tortilla snowflakes
 
Hot Chocolate marshmallow mugs
 
And there's still lots more. This board currently has over 30 pins on it.
 
 
 
 
 
The last board that I want o share with you in this post is my Winter Themed Worksheets board.
 

Here's a sampling of what you will find there -
 
Polar Bear Informational Writing
 
Mitten Contractions
 
Snowstorm Creative Writing
 
My Winter Goals Writing
 
Paper Snowflake Patterns
 
Winter Sale Percentages
 
ABC order with Penguins
 
Winter Counting
 
Five Sense of Winter
 
Snowman Subtraction
 
Build a Snowman
 
Winter Roll and Color
 
Printable Snowman Puzzle
 
Winter Categorization
 
Winter Hibernation and Adaptation
 
Snowy Day What Belongs?
 
Snowman Coloring page
 
Snowflake Matching
 
There's currently more than 50 pins on this board.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Well, I hope that these boards come in handy to help you with your homeschooling or unschooling lessons. Please feel free to follow these boards, any others or all of my boards on Pinterest! 

What current interests do your children have? Do you think that Pinterest could help you teach them about it? 

I would love to hear your thoughts about this post and any ideas for future posts in this series!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. My children are older now but this is pretty comprehensive work that cover a wide area on the subject. Some learners are visually oriented and Pinterest can be a helpful tool for them. I'm fine with it.
    Still checking out your commenting function Becky.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete