Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Day 12 of 40 Days of Random Acts of Kindness in Honor of Lent 2014

 
 
 
My Random Act of Kindness for my Giving Back Instead of Giving Up project for today involves a local mom I met through a Facebook group a few months ago. We became Facebook friends and I have enjoyed watching her babies grow. She has two little girls who are very close in age plus an older stepdaughter. On top of this, she has what I refer to as a "milky baby"...she milk shares. She pumps her breastmilk and shares it with a baby in need. This child has a condition called FPIES and cannot digest any food proteins and is essentially allergic to dairy, soy, meat, gluten, etc. He will need full nourishment from breastmilk. Most children outgrow this condition between ages 3 and 5. 




She recently saw a double breast pump at a local consignment sale and talked herself out of buying it and immediately regretted it. She told me about it and it made me remember about my double breast pump that has sat in a closet unused for more than two years (Daniella would only drink from the tao. Seriously, I think she drank 10 pumped oz at most).

 
 
It's a Medela Pump in Style. And it's amazing...if you respond well to an electric pump, which I don't.

 
 
I also included several manual pump pieces. She was so excited and grateful. She can't wait to tell the mom se shares milk with.