Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Day 7 of 40 Days of Random Acts of Kindness in Honor of Lent 2014

 
 
Today's Random Act of Kindness in Honor of Lent to further continue my Giving Back Instead of Giving Up project took us on a bit of an adventure. Our power flickered off and on a few time due to high winds tonight. I had to run to visit my chiropractor so decided to stop at a restaurant for dinner in case the power went out again. The first restaurant I stopped at had also lost power which I found funny because it was several miles away! So I decided to go to one of the local pizza joints that offer a gluten free pizza.
 
 
 
I had a coupon so I figured, "Why not surprise our server with a bonus size tip?" Wednesday night is probably slow for business. It was pretty dead in there!
 

 
 
My gluten free pesto pie with bacon and red onions was delicious and our server was incredible! We fed three kids for dinner, plus my GF pizza, and I ordered a large specialty pizza to go for Michael's lunch and dinner tomorrow. He's been working a lot of extra hours lately and deserved the break from cooking! The pizza that the kiddos had was big enough to also feed them lunch tomorrow! Score!

 
I tipped our awesome server 25+%, including on the to go portion. Hope she enjoys it!