Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 8 of 40 Days of Random Acts of Kindness in Honor of Lent 2014

 
 
Today's Random Act of Kindness for my Giving Back Instead of Giving Up project was a very personal one. A friend of mine, whom I have known for years and yet never met in real life, has been a fantastic comfort to me. You see, this friend and her husband have gone through similar difficulties with getting and staying pregnant. They have decided to open their hearts to fostering children with the potential of adopting.


She recently posted this picture in which they are showing their plan to prepare their home for more children the Dave Ramsey way - by not going into debt.

 
 
How appropriate is that? Cabbage Patch Kids. But I hated seeing how empty it is. I don't know if I have shared on here before that we are former foster parents. We closed our home after a failed adoption during my pregnancy with Daniella. (Seriously, we were matched to a boy, found out two days later that we were pregnant, but the adoption later fell through even though we still wanted to move forward with it.). Knowing that this sweet friend of mine wanted to open her heart and home touched me dearly...and I just kept thinking about the empty jar.
 
 
 
So we decided to help them fill it up!

 
 
What better way to plan to change a child's life than with CHANGE ($)???
 

 
 
We gathered up all of the change in the house and shipped it to them. Yes, sending a check would have been easier, but not as filling to the jar. :)
 
 
She received the box yesterday and her response brought me to tears.