Monday, March 3, 2014

Keep Your Kids Safe In The Car With Beltlock! Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial. Disclosure: We received a free BeltLock in exchange for our honest opinion about it.




I was immediately intrigued by this product when I heard about it. I am all about car seat safety. So when it comes to keeping our kids safe in their car seats, I am all about sharing it with you! Let me introduce you to BeltLock -

BeltLock introduced the 1st beltlocking device as part of a Project called Project5. Launched in January 2012. BeltLock is the most affordable product for consumers looking to prevent children from unlocking their seatbelt whilst you are driving. BeltLock represents a effective solution to a problem that every parent faces. BeltLock welcomes relationships with retail distributors and are in continuous development with their product range which will deliver more innovative solutions.
Beltlock is designed to prevent kids from opening the seat belt securing the child's car seat. Beltlock is designed to be strong, durable, visible in the car, easy to fit and easy to remove with a key by an adult. Beltlock offers peace of mind when traveling with kids.
Beltlock is available on Amazon.co.uk and via the Beltlock website.



 
 
 
The convertible car seats that we own can be installed one of two ways when forward facing:
1. LATCH system. (When rear facing, our car seats can only be installed this way).
 
2. Thread the car's seat belt through the back of the seat.
 
 
 
 
The vehicle that we own (2007 Honda Pilot) has three rows, seating eight. The second row has the lower anchors and the tether anchors for the LATCH system. The third row only has the tether anchors. Daniella's car seat is installed in the middle/second row so we use the lower anchor points for her car seat. For this reason, BeltLock is bot needed as it only works with the car's seat belt. However, because I do flexible in home child care, it's not unusual for us to be out and about with an additional child or two. We keep a second car seat that is identical to Daniella's in the third row for our guests to use. Because the third row can only use the top tether anchors, BeltLock works perfectly for this car seat! I especially like it because I can't see third row little fingers as well as I can see second row little fingers when I am driving.

 
 
I love when packaging comes with QR codes so that I can use my phone to instantly learn more about a product and company!

 
I love the bold, bright orange! It makes it easy to find in my dimly lit vehicle.
 

 
 
 
 

 
Instructions included! And minimal packaging is always a huge plus for me!
 

 
 
Here, you can see the BeltLock installed. It was so easy, my 12 year old did it by himself.

 
 
The BeltLock sells for about $17 US dollars. Pretty good price for the amount of peace it brings you!

 
 
Ensuring a child is properly restrained in a child car seat can reduce injuries by a factor of 90-95% for rear-facing seats and 60% for forward-facing seats **

 ** Source: AA Motoring Trust

 

 
 
Daniella's little fingers can't release the seat belt no matter how hard she tries!
 
 
 
Connect with BeltLock-
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.