Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Day 24 of 40 Days of Random Acts of Kindness in Honor of Lent 2014

 
 
I didn't have any plans of going anywhere today. Therefore, I had to come up with something creative for my Giving Back Instead of Giving Up project! Today's Random Act of Kindness was to call my Grandmom.
 
 
 
 
I consider this a RAOK simply because I so seldom call ANYONE. I use Facebook, texting, email etc primarily for communication. My Grandmom usually calls me about every other month to catch up, but she's been off and on sick since mid-January and doesn't like to call anyone when she doesn't feel well. I am so glad that I caught up with her.
 

 
 
I live in GA and Grandmom lives in NJ. The last time we saw her was in February 2013 when we visited her to celebrate her 90th birthday. 
 

 
 
This picture is a few years old now, but this is Grandmom, Brandon and me.
 
 
 
Thinking about someone today? Call them!