Saturday, April 12, 2014

Day 34 of 40 Days of Random Acts of Kindness in Honor of Lent 2014



My Random Act of Kindness for my Giving Back Instead of Giving Up project for today was fun, but a bit nerve-wracking!



First, let me give a little background -
Me: Daniella, will you please bring me the money from Daddy's nightstand?
She runs to go get it. She loves to help.
She comes back with a handful of coins. Then she tells me that she wants to count how much she found. She proceeds to count the coins... One, two, three, four, five.
So I asked her to let me count how much I needed. I then t...old her (while pointing) that two of the coins were quarters, two were dimes, and one was a nickel. I explained how the quarters are worth 25¢, the dimes 10¢, and the nickel 5¢. Then we counted that she had brought me 75¢. I told her that I only needed 50¢ for my Random Act of Kindness for today so I needed her to put away the extra 25¢ back onto Daddy's nightstand. She immediately grabbed a quarter and said, "Okay, Mama!". Glad she followed the lesson!

We took the fifty cents to the bank and exchanged it for a roll of pennies. I made this sign before we left.

 
 
We headed to our closest mall. They don't have a water fountain, but they do have a wishing well...the nerve wracking part was that the wishing well was in the middle of the food court so there was people everywhere! I didn't want anyone seeing me leave the pennies. 
 

 
 
Here are the pennies on the floor beside the well! I hope some people's wishes come true!