Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Essential Gluten-Free Grocery Guide - 5th Edition Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
 
 
 
America's #1 Selling Gluten-Free grocery guide now in its 5th Edition.

Find over 44,000 brand-name and store-brand gluten-free products at grocery stores across the U.S.

Color-coded system makes meal planning and finding your favorite foods a snap

5th edition, 280 budget-friendly and time-saving pages
  
 
Those of you who read my blog religiously know that in December we found out that I have a gluten allergy. Life hasn't been the same since. Changing to a gluten free lifestyle has been....well, life changing! My biggest challenges have been:
1. Receiving Communion
2. Eating out or eating socially in general
3. I was already very picky about my breads before my allergy was discovered. Being much more limited on breads now has been borderline painful. I think that the food I miss the most is subs.
 
Reading ingredient lists isn't something new for us. When Brandon was younger, he had multiple food allergies that he thankfully outgrew. Plus we watch ingredient lists closely to limit or restrict ingredients such as artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, sweeteners, etc.
 
But where there's difficulty, there's good, as well. So far , I have lost twenty pounds by going gluten free and have begun fitting in clothing that hasn't fit in years! 
 
 
This book, however, has made grocery shopping much easier! The Essential Gluten-Free Grocery Guide has been very helpful. 
 
 
 
The book can even fit inside of larger purses or cloth tote bags that you bring to the store (you ARE bringing your cloth totes bags, right?) to help guide you while you shop! 
 
 

 
 
The first page in the book sets the tone of the guidance you will find within the covers of this book. The Essential Gluten-Free Grocery Guide is very nicely laid out and well organized. It is super easily to find exactly what you are looking for.

 
 
The Table of Contents shows you how well organized this guide is. It's broken down by kind of food.

 
There are many categories so it is well broken up and easy to skim through to find what you need.

 
 
There are a few advertisements throughout the book, but at least they are all relevant to the topic of a gluten free lifestyle.

 
 
There is even a section labeled "General Tips For Grocery Shopping" which has many great, informative tips!


Once you are in each section of the guide, you can see how you can further search by brand (even store brands are listed).

 
 
There's a couple of QR codes inside, too.

 
Overall, I have been very pleased with The Essential Gluten-Free Grocery Guide. It has been a big helper during this major lifestyle change. I highly recommend this for those of you who are gluten free!
 
 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.