Monday, July 14, 2014

Soap Nuts Laundry Detergent by Green Virgin Products Review #GVP

 
 
Green Virgin Products makes a fantastic natural laundry detergent made from Soap Nuts. What are Soap Nuts, you ask?
 
Soap Nuts have been used in Asian cultures for a few thousand years. Because they grow on trees, Soap Nuts have what's called a negative carbon footprint (Read more about carbon footprints here.). Amazingly, Soap Nuts cost much less (2.5x!) than leading national detergent brands WITHOUT polluting our water supply like toxic name brand detergents do. Using Soap Nuts allows your laundry to be naturally softer without the need to add fabric softener.
 
Here's my Soap Nuts detergent , ready to put into action!
 
 
The bottle is an eight ounce size. If you have an HE washer, you will need two squirts for a typical load of laundry. If you have a top loader like I do, your typical load of laundry will require three squirts of Soap Nuts detergent.

 
It's a very simple pump action squirt bottle. So easy, my three year old could manage to do it (and since it's non-toxic, I don't mind if she wants to help!). Although I will warn you that it doesn't smell pleasant.
 
 
Soap Nuts detergent is not a regular sudsy type of detergent. Here, I already added the three squirts of Soap Nuts and the washing machine is half full of water, but you can't even tell the detergent is there (unless you look extra closely and see a drop of it on the agitator in the middle).
 
 
 
Here's my laundry, ready to be closed up and get all clean. Soap Nuts has done great at getting everything clean and soft. And even though I don't care for the scent of the detergent, the clothes have no scent other than simply smelling clean!
 
 
 
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.